Baby Clothes

Friday, August 21, 2009

Tucker is just about 5 months old. Last week I was putting on his pajamas and it all of a sudden dawned on me that THEY DON'T FIT! Maybe the fact that I could barely close the snaps over his diaper should have tipped me off. Obviously I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

Now this shouldn't be a shocker to me since babies grow but he was wearing 6 months. The tag said 6 months should cover from 12.5 to 16.5 lbs. He was almost 17 lbs at his 4 month check up! This week he moved into 9 month clothes which goes up to 20.5 lbs. I pray that I can squeeze at least 2 more months out of those clothes.

So I decided to clean out Tucker's closet and put away his old clothes. I found tons of clothes that still have tags on them! How did this happen?!

Here are the lessons that I have learned when it comes to baby clothes:

1) The size tags are crap. They should only put on the weight of the baby and not the age because it does not apply. Or at least put up a warning sign for first time moms so they don't waste money buying clothes their kids will never wear.

2) If you have more than 5 outfits in each size up to 12 months then you have too many (this is me). In my case I could have probably survived with 2 since Tucker mostly just wears a diaper. It's hot in Arizona!

3) People who buy designer or expensive baby clothes are idiots. I have never done this myself because I am cheap, but needed to make this point because who spends a ton of money on clothes that their baby can only wear for a few months? You might as well just throw your money in a fire. It will last longer.

Here's Tucker in his new 9 month pajamas (clearance rack- $3.99). Yes, he is happy because he is not suffocating in clothes that don't fit.


Posted by Tucker's Mom at 8:40 PM  
1 comments
starnes family said...

Cute, cute pjs! I love a good deal on kids' clothes. I buy 90% of our stuff super marked down about a year prior to them wearing it. Give it a try....you'll save a fortune!

August 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment